Thursday, October 23, 2014

CENTRAL COAST - BRISBANE WATER NP - THOMMOS LOOP – MTB - 14 OCTOBER 2014 - 'ROCK, WATER AND VIEWS'

I drove to Brisbane Waters National Park and parked near the speed camera just down from Staples Lookout.
I’ve done this ride a number of times. The solitariness, quietness and bush scenery is quite an attraction for me.


I rode down the service road to the quarry. At the quarry, I rode around over the rocky paths, pools of water and soft sand. The various surface terrains were a challenge to cycle over.
I then rode along the service road and took the turnoff onto Tommos Loop. This was another service road. At times the road surface was hard sandstone with rivulets of water intersecting the rock. The views over the bushland were amazing. It just seemed so untouched and endless.  At one stage, an area of the road had been blocked as a large Australian Aboriginal rock carving had been unearthed by the recent rains.
The track ended at a gate and the main road. I rode downhill back to the van.

distance - 7.52 km
elevation range - 71m
average speed - 10.8 km/h
max. speed - 45.9 km/h
A great ride with awesome scenery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...