Wednesday, October 15, 2014

INDONESIA - BALI - LEGIAN - 11 to 13 August 2014 - 'THINGS TO DO'




Info

Taxi – Bali airport to legian – 150 000R extra for surfboard

Car/driver - Balian 350 000R

Grand Kumala hotel – 450 000R

My journey

Out of Java and into Bali. I had an easy flight, taxi to Legian and settled into the Grand Kumala Hotel.

Later, I walked down the beach for a few beers and ran into Kay and Neil and met a nice Dutch family.

The next day was ‘Job’ day. My friend Harry from Sumbawa had died a few weeks before in a motorbike accident.  I sent 1 500 000R to Harry’s wife. The money would help her buy a goat. He left behind four kids.

I organised my visa extension - 705 000R - with Brian through the Kumala hotel. It was to take five days. Sometimes things don’t work out the way they are planned.

I had a haircut for 100 000R and a massage for 50 000R

I collated information on getting to/from Nusa Penida  and organised transport to Balian.

Finally, towards sunset I walked down the beach for a walk/beer and ran into Neil, Kay again and Julie, Kay’s friend.

The next day, I was off to Balian and surfing and clean air.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...