Thursday, October 23, 2014

CENTRAL COAST - AVOCA LAGOON – KAYAK - 12 OCTOBER 2014 - 'TRANQUILITY'

It was a clear, blue sky morning with no wind.


I drove to North Avoca and parked at Avoca Lagoon, officially named Bulbararing Lagoon. I launched into the lagoon and paddle west between the mainland and the island (Bareena Island)  in the lagoon.


The water was glassy reflecting the sky and foreshore. A light mist hung above the surface of the water. The kayak cut across the water causing a small wake which rippled solitary across the surface of the lagoon.


There were a number of birds on the lagoon. Some birds were foraging for food in the water or on the lagoon edge and others were roosting on the overhanging tree branches.


It was a relaxing tranquil kayak.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...