Monday, April 3, 2017

JAPANESE GARDENS, GOSFORD AND TERRIGAL HAVEN HIKE - 31 MARCH 2017

Kara, my daughter and I drove out to the Japanese Gardens at East Gosford.

It is located at the back of the Arts Centre.

We entered through the smaller gallery area where there was an exhibition of media on various at veterans who live on the Central Coast.

It was cleverly presented with a current photo of the veteran and a story on their war exploits. Their exploits were acts of heroism were various. Some did brave fighting deeds, others helping their mates and/or the local people. A good read plus one artist did a representation of the veteran in their chosen media. Some that stood out to me was a book like presentation, a charcoal drawing and a collage of yesteryear.


Through the doors and we were in the gardens. I visited this place in it's early years when the plants were small and beginning to take shape. Now, the gardens are thick, trimmed and blooming. Very pretty and relaxing.



The pool in the centre is full of large carp and cascades of water feed the pool.



After our wander, we sat down in the outside part of the café for coffee and scones.




Later in the afternoon, Jacinta and I had a walk along the Terrigal Haven path, the beach and around the rocks. It was a breezy walk but it was nice to be out in the sunshine.


No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...