Thursday, April 27, 2017

WAMBERAL, BRISBANE WATER NP, TERRIGAL - SUNRISE, MOUNTAIN BIKE, CAPPUCCINO - 27 APRIL 2017


A beautiful sunrise at Wamberal Beach.  The surf was bigger but randomly breaking from small to big.


I drove out to Brisbane Water National Park for a mountain bike ride.



The wind was cool so i wore my winter bike gear. Back in black!


I cycled around the quarry which was heaps of fun - grooved out sandstone, drifts of sand, loose rocks, a few ponds and sort of roads/tracks leading everywhere. The quarry is a very pretty place with its contrast of desolation and vibrant ponds.


I put my foot down to balance near one of the smaller rock pools and of course spent the rest of the ride with a cold and soggy shoe. :)


After the quarry, I followed the service road called Tommos Loop. Though this trail is wide, it is still fun with some steep downhill sections, playful sandstone platforms and great bush views.


The ride finishes with a fast steep cycle down Woy Woy Road.  The biggest risk was getting across the road as it is a 80 k/h zone where everyone drives a lot faster in both directions.



After the ride, I had a cappuccino on Terrigal Beach. It was very pretty with the wind and air coolness declaring the start of the colder weather.



No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...