Thursday, April 20, 2017

SURF, BIRTHDAY, MTB, SNORKEL - 20 APRIL 2017

It has been a busy week with end of Easter holidays, birthday and great weather.

Monday - 17 April

An inspiring sunrise being blood red with a bank of clouds above it.


The surf was looking good also. I went for a surf with just a few guys out but in a short time it was very crowded and a hassle. I forgot that people go slightly insane on public holidays. Anyway, I had a few waves then I had coffee with a few friends at Terrigal Beach.




Tuesday 18 April

My special day today - sixty one and still having fun :)

I had a fun and good surf at Wamberal Beach.

Coffee at Terrigal Beach

Sat on the shoreline at East Gosford with Jacinta eating fish and chips.

The night was great with my favourite meal and a custard tart for my birthday cake. Unusual, but I liked it. Presents were opened and I was feeling good.



Wednesday 19 April



I watched a pretty sunrise at Wamberal Beach. The surf was poor so I journeyed over to Shelly beach which wasn't much better.



I continued onwards to Toowoon Bay. It was sheltered from most of the wind so I had an ocean swim, a cappuccino at the beach café and admired the view, a snorkel with a lot of fish and a walk along the beach.



Later, Jacinta, Kara and I went to the Haven for fish and chips and a sit in the sun.

Thursday 20 April





I checked the surf but was keen to have a mountain bike ride at Strickland State Forest. There were two tracks I have wanted to do and Jacinta came with me to drive me back to the top of the hill after each ride - along steep road



The tracks were soooo good. The first ride was the Cabbage tree Track that joined onto the Stony Creek Track. They were both steep and fast and narrow in parts.


The second ride was on an unnamed track that was very long and heaps of fun and very exciting.


No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...