Friday, April 7, 2017

BRISBANE WATER NP - KARIONG FALLS BIKE HIKE - 7 APRIL 2017

I parked at Staples Lookout carpark.


After admiring the expansive view I was on my bike.



The biggest obstacle on the ride as getting across Woy Woy Road. The speed limit was 80km/h with two curves at the crossing to the start of the track.

Over the gate and down the service trail - Tommos Loop. I followed this for a couple of kilometres over firm ground, sandstone, puddles of water and loose stones. I had a pattern of mud flicked over me by the time I reached the track head.

I rode down the track a short distance and hid the bike in the bush then continued by foot.




The track was fun being heavily eroded by the recent rains with steep sections. Just before the falls there was a narrow path against the cliff and then a sort of tunnel to go through. Surprisingly, I didn't get any leeches considering how wet and muddy the track was in parts.

At this point, I got my first view of the falls. There was a lot of water tumbling over the edge.


I continued to the base and the vegetation became like a rain forest. I scrambled carefully over both sides of the pool at the base of the falls to get a better view.



A fun and challenging 5.km bike and hike with a rewarding view.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...