Sunday, April 16, 2017

UMINA BEACH MTB - WAMBERAL BEACH SURF - 16 APRIL 2017

Over the last few days, I've had a few walks, sat in the sun and caught up on some overdue tasks.

A beautiful crisp sunny morning.

I checked the waves at Wamberal Beach but the size and direction of the swell was too much for the beach sand bars.

I drove over to Umina Beach. The waves were smaller but mono. Not worth paddling out but the tide was low so I had a bike ride along the beach.




It was a nice ride - sun shining, small waves foaming up the beach, pretty coastal views.



Amazingly, I ran into a few mates on the beach who were about to paddle out. We had a quick chat then in they went and along I went.




A pleasant 7 km ride.

I had an ocean swim  at Terrigal Haven then met Jacinta for a cappuccino in the sun.

I rested and did a few chores. In the mid afternoon, I had a rough surf at Wamberal Beach. There were some good lefts amongst the wild ones.






A great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...