Wednesday, March 29, 2017

TOOWOON BAY SNORKEL - 29 MARCH 2017

A flat surf day this morning with very light wind and an incoming tide. The ocean was looking very glassy.




I walked along the beach at Toowoon Bay and entered the water where the sand meets the island for a snorkel.


The water was a bit weedy to start with a strong current moving over the shallow sections.

As soon as I put my head under the water there were fish zooming over a sand and rock background.


I snorkeled out towards the sup riders on the point first. I didn't get as far as the sup riders as the visibility deteriorated too much. Along the way, I saw fish, pretty coloured rocks and seaweed, stingrays and a small shark.


I backtracked and crossed the narrow channel between the beach and the island. It was hard going as the tide as working strongly against me. I did see lots of fish feeding amongst the seaweed.


I continued onwards close to the rocks and small waves. The tide and waves pushed me in and out but eventually I got to the deeper water and saw a massive blue coloured groper.

I fed the fish sending them into a wild frenzy and went in via the beach.


One unusual event was a large fish that followed me nearly the full length of my snorkel.


I warmed up with a coffee and relax at the kiosk at the surf club over looking the bay and beach.



No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...