Thursday, January 26, 2017

WAMBERAL LAGOON KAYAK - 26 JANUARY 2017

Australia Day today!

It was very quiet this morning. Like the calm before the storm. Soon the beaches, surf and waterways would be packed with people celebrating.

I checked the surf and decided on a kayak at Wamberal Lagoon.



The lagoon was very shallow and it has been for a while due to the dry weather in the last month. There was a green scum over the parts of the water that was as thick as a mattress with the consistency of soggy carpet. I paddled around it and through the gaps.


There were a lot of birds - cormorants, ducks, pelicans herons, swamp hens, sea gulls, plovers and black swans - at the southern end of the lake. Some of the herons were doing a sort of dance while others were deadly still waiting to strike at some prey in the water.



The paddle was limited as the northern end was too shallow for paddling.



A quiet and serene 3.49 km paddle.


Later, I had a swim at Terrigal Haven. The water was clear so I saw a lot of small fish as I had my ocean swim.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...