Monday, January 2, 2017

SWANSEA HEAD HIKE - 30 DECEMBER 2016



I checked a number of beaches for a surf this morning. Not much luck!

I ended up having a small and okay surf at Hams Beach. Surprisingly, there was only a few guys out and they were going left so I had the rights to myself. I had a fun time but all too soon the tide became too high for the waves to break reasonably.


I picked up a coffee and made my way a short distance to Swansea Head.


Generally, the area was a bit run down but once on the small beach and walking it wasn't so bad.


The walk was close to the cliff edge due to the high tide with some scrambling over large boulders.
There were a few small beaches of either sand or large rounded rocks.


I spoke with a couple of scuba divers, who told me about places to snorkel and what were the best conditions.


It was a pleasant 1.41 km hike. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...