Thursday, January 26, 2017

KINCUMBA MOUNTAIN - KANNING TRAIL HIKE - 27 JANUARY 2017


I awoke to a light drizzle of rain. I drove down to Wamberal and North Avoca to check the waves and decided on a bike or hike at Kincumba Mountain.





I arrived at Kincumba Mountain and decided on a hike as the tracks looked a bit too wet. When it's too wet,  parts of the track are a little more fragile and bike tyres tend to tear the dirt up ruining the track eventually.


I decided on the Kanning Track.

It was an easy walk along a defined track. The vegetation was looking very green as after a bit of rain the dust is washed off the leaves and the dampness adds a reflective sheen.

The track follows the base of a group of boulders alongside ferns and moss covered rocks and logs. At about 1/2 way, there was a small cave that was big enough to enter and stand. Further on, I took a detour which lead above the track I had just followed so that I was on top of the boulders with a view looking down on where I had been.

Unfortunately, I forgot to use insect repellent and the mosquitoes were in large quantities and eager for a feed at my expense. It was a bit distracting.


A nice 1.23 km hike through a light drizzle.



No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...