Saturday, January 7, 2017

MUNMORAH MTB - SNAPPER FIRE TRAIL AND OFF QUARRY TRACK - 8 JANUARY 2017

The chance of a surf today looked slim. I checked Wamberal Beach and Red Ochre Beach but decided on a bike ride at Munmorah SCA.


There were two tracks, I wanted to follow.

The first was the Snapper Point Fire Trail. It was pretty straightforward with a good downhill run on the return leg of the ride.




The second was a track off the Quarry Trail. I had missed this one when I was here a few weeks ago. It started off with a number of branches across the track to block access. Once passed this section it was a great downhill ride that winded down the hill in broad sweeps through the scruffy vegetation. Parts of it were smooth and flowy and other parts were eroded with holes and small drop offs. Heaps of fun. :)





It ended in a pretty and quiet spot surrounded by ferns, dry forest trees with a backdrop of rainforest trees. The rainforest trees indicated where the creeks flowed.


Cover in sweat and pumped with adrenalin ,
I was eased back into a state of rumination,
Looking at the ferns and the motley coloured trees.
Feeling the pleasure of being alone with thee.



Later, I checked Caves Beach for waves but settled on a cappuccino... large :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...