Monday, June 7, 2010

Indonesia - Lakey, Sumbawa to Legian, Bali - april 2010



The surfed looked good as we were leaving Lakey on 14 April 2010.


We paid our food/drink bills, said goodbyes to our Sumbawa bike mates then our van took us to Bima airport. There were a few of us in the van so it was a little crowded.

The drive was about 2 hours of lush hills, salt marshes, green rice fields, busy towns and laid-back villages. At Bima airport, we paid a departure tax of about 10 000 rupiah and 50 000 rupiah for my surfboard.

The flight was clear in parts with great views over Sumbawa, Lombok, Nusa Penida and Bali.

We touched down in Bali, went through customs and we said our goodbyes. Marty, Nick, Nick and Mat were off to Berewa and then Nick and Nick were off to G-land. Me, I was off to Legian and the Kumala Hotel for some resting, beers, stone massage and food. The taxi from the airport was 120 000 rupiah (60 000 for my board.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...