Monday, December 2, 2019

CENTRAL COAST - 'WANDERING' - 1 TO 7 NOVEMBER 2019


November 1

I arrived back from a four month Indonesian trip. I didn't sleep much on the plane as per usual and shuttle bus back to Terrigal was a bit crowded. I arrived home tired but happy.

The ribs were still hurting.

November 2

Jacinta and I had a walk around the Haven and a coffee on the beach. A nice start to the return to Australia.

November 3


Jacinta and I did a hike on the Girrakool Loop in Brisbane Water NP. Pretty. There were heaps of flowers. It was hot but cool in the shade. The running water along the creeks and over the rocks was very peaceful.






November 4


I had an early hike around the rocks at the Haven. It was very pretty with contrasting light from the sunrise. It was mesmerizing to watch the waves crash and roil over the rocks





November 5


I did a hike at Warrah Trig to Warrah Lookout in Brisbane Water National Park. There were heaps of wildflowers and buzzing insects. The lookout had panoramic views over Hawkesbury River  and it was also very windy.






November 6


An early hike along Bouddi Spur track in Bouddi National Park. There were cyclades and grass trees galore. Usually my hikes are very quiet but today, I passed by about eight people. The view along the track to the north was of Maitland Bay and beyond.  At the end of the track there was an expansive view of Putty and Killcare Beach and beyond to Sydney. While enjoying the view, two blue tongue lizards and a sea eagle make an appearance. On the way back, I surprised a large goanna when I looked over edge of rock ledge.







November 7

Today I just sat on beach at North Avoca and had my first dip in the ocean. It wasn’t too cold!

Earlier in the week, I had seen a physio and was receiving treatment and exercises for my ribs. My activities have been limited to swimming and light hiking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...