Friday, December 13, 2019

AVOCA LAGOON & TERRIGAL HAVEN - 'KAYAK, WALK, SNORKEL' - 14 DECEMBER 2019

The morning air was a lot clearer and cleaner this morning.

I checked the surf at North Avoca Beach but it was small and powerless.

Next stop as Avoca Lagoon for a kayak.



The water level was very low but still okay for a kayak. It was very limiting to where one could paddle as it was either very shallow water or no water.



The morning light looked pretty as it contrasted with sky, sun and vegetation.





The birds were out and about - pelicans, ducks, darters, cormorants, cockatoos, egrets, ibises and others. Some were in flight or roosting on a tree looking for their next meal or resting.





I met up with Jacinta at Terrigal Haven where we had coffee on the beach.

After that, I had a short walk and Jacinta a longer walk as I wanted to do a snorkel.



The water was clear to the edge of the rocks and a bit limited around the rocks and rockpool area.






It was a good snorkel with big fish, stingrays, tiny colourful fish and colourful rocks and seaweed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...