Monday, December 2, 2019

CENTRAL COAST - 'BACK IN THE SURF' - 8 TO 14 NOVEMBER 2019


November 8

An early swim at Toowoon Bay. the beach was near empty and looked so pretty in the morning sun. The water was very cold so only a short swim. I dived in and swam full speed but just couldn't warm up. :) Sitting on the share was nicer. 




November 9


We had an early walk along the rock platform at Avoca Beach. There were deep pools that would look inviting to explore on a lo swell and warmer weather. The high cliffs made a dramatic backdrop especially when Jacinta standing near them gave its height more perspective. 

Later, we met with Chloe for breakfast on Avoca Beach. We sat on the beach in the sun and ate and chatted. Nice!







11 November


I had a hike on the Bouddi Coastal Track from Putty Beach to Bullimah Beach. Such variety in this hike - beautiful sandstone patterns, cliffs that were easy and fun to climb, huge waves crashing onto rocks and a calm and deep water swim at corner of the rocks and the beach. The water wasn't cold today. :)







I had physio treatment later - getting better.

Early in the afternoon I had a short snorkel at Terrigal Haven. It was short because the visibility was poor but I did see a massive blueish grouper.


12 November

Catastrophic fire warning today. Schools closed and national parks closed.

I finally tried surfing again. The injury was fine but the water was so cold - I was wearing boardshorts and a rashie. Wetsuit next time! The new board rode going well considering the surf was under a ½ metre.

Afterwards, I sat at the Haven for coffee and the wind picked up quickly and began to howl.


13 November


A path walk  around the haven twice.





Afterwards, I had a small surf at North Avoca Beach – The small rights were okay and my new surfboard handled a lot better.

Dinner with Jacinta at the Kincumber Hotel - yum meal!


14 November

A longer surf at North Avoca. The board handled better and I even pulled into a few nice semi cutbacks in the small conditions. Heaps of waves.





No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...