Wednesday, December 11, 2019

CENTRAL COAST - 'SMOKE HAZE, KOOKABURRA NEST AND BEACHES' - 29 NOVEMBER TO 5 DECEMBER 2019


29 November

Checked surf at North Avoca and ran into Haggy and Jeckle. We drove around and surfed at the bend on Terrigal Beach. The waves were short and dumpy. I had a couple of relatively okay waves.


1 December



A MTB at Bouddi NP on Turkey NW Ridge and Strom tracks. It was a good ride. My legs were not as burning on the steep climbs. Generally, I rode though a few sections more confidently.

After the ride, I drove to the Newtown reunion at Avoca Beach. It as so good catching up with Ray, Carlos, George, Jim and Chris. A pleasant chat and laugh.

2 December






A tree in the backyard has a termite nest about 15 metres from the ground. To kookaburras had pecked away a nest in the nest and laid an egg. This happened awhile ago and since then the kookaburras had been taking turns guarding the nest and feeding the chick. Well, today, the baby's head emerged from the nest checking out the world.

Later, it was outside the nest on the branch of a tree. 


3 December 

I checked the surf at Shelley Beach. It looked and was so awesome. I had such a good time on fast right handers.




4 December

I did a coast run in the morning to check out the beaches running north. Good banks on most beaches.

I had a no so good surf at North Avoca. The wind changed onshore.


5 December




The smoke haze was very thick today and some of the fires were only 30 km away. I checked the surf but the swell had increased and the beaches weren't handling it on the lower tide.

I stayed home and did a lot of jobs around the house.



No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...