Thursday, December 12, 2019

SHELLY BEACH AND WAMBERAL LAGOON - 'SUNRISE HAZE, YELLOW TAILED COCKATOOS AND DOLPHINS + KAYAK - 6 DECEMBER 2019


I checked the surf at Shelly Beach but it was a bit ordinary but a pod of dolphins frolicked near a couple of surfers in the water. Also,  there were glossy black yellow tailed cockatoos roosting in the carpark trees as I was just about to leave. To nice sights to start the day.






I drove for a kayak on Wamberal Lagoon.


It started so well. There were ducks, pelicans and cormorants right where I was launching. The ducks put on a brilliant flight show and the cormorant dived repeated for fish.






The kayak was enjoyable – cruising past the shore line of reeds, trees and flowers. The wind was light so the water was reasonable smooth. At the far end of the lagoon, towards Forresters Beach, I paddled up the creek until I was blocked by a fallen tree. It was very quiet on the creek as it was surrounded by dense vegetation which blocked the wind.






My first long kayak and the ribs had no pain but my muscles were a bit sore haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...