Thursday, March 10, 2016

KATANDRA RESERVE WATERMAN HIKE - 11 MARCH 2016

It was a cloudy and warm morning. Time for a hike.


I drove to Katandra Road and parked in the picnic area. the track was easy but a lot of dried leaves made it slippery in places.

The track at one stage descended steeply and wound its way briefly through dark rainforest. It was silent except for the crunch of leaves underfoot and the call of birds.


Next stop, was the Seymour Pond. The pond is small surrounded by dry rainforest and filled with waterplants. It was tranquil to gaze upon it for awhile.


I followed the track around the pond through dried rainforest. All was very quiet. Along the way there were glimpses of the trickle of water that fed the pond. This trickle disappeared at times going under the rocks.

Back to the pond and the sun was appearing. I only had time for a short walk so I had to back track rather than continue further afield.

A quiet and pleasant hike.


No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...