Thursday, March 10, 2016

AVOCA LAGOON KAYAK - FOGGY MORNING - 10 MARCH 2016

A foggy morning covering the sea and land.


Over to Avoca Lagoon for a kayak.


The water was glassy and mist shrouded. I paddled towards the ocean end to start and the fog covered the ocean and beach but there was still visibility.


Deeper into lagoon towards the west the fog was thicker and it was amazing seeing a shade of white that turned into a group of pelicans as I paddled closer. It was fun as everything seemed like a surprise as it came into view.


The lagoon was very shallow, so I was very restricted to where I could paddle. I have always considered the lagoon better when full with water but I must admit it was fun paddling in the very low water. The shallowness lead to channels of water between places where I normally would paddled. Such a different perspective. The erosion around the shoreline was visible showing undermining to sometimes to a metre in depth.


There were  a lot of birds this morning as well - coromorants, ducks, black swans, swamp hens, pelicans and some other bird I have yet to identify.


A fun misty 2.55 km kayak.


No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...