Thursday, October 18, 2018

GIRRAKOOL - WATER, LIZARDS, FLOWERS - 14 OCTOBER 2018

I parked at the Girrakool Picnic Area in Brisbane Water National Park for a hike on the Girrakool Loop Trail.



Today the weather was off and on showers. The tracks were very wet. Some of the tracks were like shallow creeks.


The two major creeks Piles and Leask Creek were in full flow. There were a number of powerful waterfalls and the water flow was high and fast. The shallow water crossing on Piles Creek was not passable without getting very wet or maybe getting washed away. I was cautious around the water's edge.





The wildflowers were abundant and plentiful. It some spots the flowers were thick with a heady fragrance. Nice!





I came across a few lizards. One lizard froze on my approach and remained so for a long and close photo shoot. It's eyes were the only thing that moved.





At one stage, I was lightly rained upon.

My first outdoor adventure since returning to Australia. A nice start.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...