Friday, October 19, 2018

MOUNT WONDABYNE - HIKE, MTB, RAIN - 17 OCTOBER 2018

The looked like it would hold back for awhile and it seemed dry enough for a mountain bike ride.

I parked off Woy Woy Road downhill from Staples Lookout. I choose here as the tracks/service roads tend to dry out more due to the sandstone and being at the top of the plateau.



I cycled along the service road to the base of Mount Wondabyne. I passed the quarry but it looked too wet.



At the base, I parked my bike in the bush and climbed to the top of the mount. The view was great over Brisbane Water National Park and beyond.



I sat down at the marker at the top of the mountain to soak in the view and felt a few drops of rain. Within minutes it changed to a torrential downpour. I bee lined for a large rock overhang about half way down the mountain. I sat under the overhang for about 1/2 hour enjoying the vie and the fall of the rain.

I continued back to the bike and rode back to the van.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...