Friday, October 19, 2018

PALM GROVE NATURE RESERVE - BIRDS, RAINFOREST, HIKE - 19 OCTOBER 2018




I parked at the track head along Ourimbah Creek Road at Palm Grove Nature Reserve. This road was lined with pretty horse properties.

I planned for a hike along the sole track in the reserve which was a section of the Great North Walk from Sydney to Newcastle.

It was a pleasant hike through dry forest and rainforest. the hike started off uphill then leveled out for a while before continuing further uphill. The track intersected with a service road which I followed for a short distance before there was a turnoff to the left and downhill. The downhill stretch was steep in parts and ended at a small creek. The track continued on and uphill. I followed it for a short distance but decided to turn back around and retrace my steps.







Along the way -

I heard many bird calls but only saw a few as the foliage was very thick and dense.

There were many leeches also and these tried to get a hold on me whenever I stopped and rested.

There was one massive strangler fig tree that soared into the sky. I felt the tree and it's bark was very rough.



Being a rainforest, there was of moss and lichen covered rocks and logs.Very green and pretty.



It was an enjoyable hike with a lot of bird calls.

1 comment:

  1. Great photos. I really love your blog. I've try it in papua new guinea best resort it was a blast. Try it.

    ReplyDelete

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...