Wednesday, October 24, 2018

BOUDDI NATIONAL PARK - TURKEY, NORTHWEST, STROM MTB - 25 OCTOBER 2018

I went exploring for surf. Even though the conditions had improved the waves were very small.

I sat at the Haven drinking a cappuccino while looking at the ocean view. I decided to check out Bouddi to see if the tracks were dry enough.

The tracks were good and mainly firm and damp.

I started on the Turkey Track. It was pretty exciting riding a long track again. There was a bit of erosion making some of the drops just a little harder.

I started at the very top of the NW ridge track and had a ball winding my way through the bush. I love the variety of this track - downhill, narrow obstacles, drop offs, hard turns, sheer drops over the escarpment and spiky bushes - which all adds up to fun.




I returned via the NW trail and rode it till the end. I followed the road to the trackhead on the Strom Trail. The trail was great with speed, control, small obstacles and beautiful scenery. About half way along there is a narrow track that winds its way through ferns and grass trees. It was very pretty.

The last section back to the start was very steep. I walked this part. :)



I did my best time on this run, yet I felt like I was riding calmly. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...