Friday, October 12, 2018

INDONESIA, BALI, BALIAN - THE LAST INDO SURF - 9 OCTOBER 2018


4 OCTOBER 2018

The flight to Bali was good but the exit seats we had didn't adjust so it was a bit uncomfortable.

We arrived at Bali and were off for Balian. Along the way, we stopped at the Bintang supermarket for supplies, cashed some money and picked up another passenger, Autumn.

Autumn was a lady from New Zealand, who was very friendly and interesting being a principal of a small school in the North Island.

We settled into Gubug Bungalows. Pega had made a special arrangement of the bath towels for us. Nice.



Down to Tekor's for dinner where we caught up with Jeff and Mark and met Andrew, Holly and her Slovakian partner.


5 OCTOBER 2018

The first surf was good and glassy. I had plenty of waves but it wasn't long before the crowd increased.



The second surf was better with bigger sets and less people. Heaps of waves.

My back was very sore from the plane's seat so I had a massage. It helped a bit.

At sunset, Jacinta and I sat on the beach and dank wine and ate corn chips. A pretty sunset.




We had a small dinner at Tekor's and ran into Cameron and Jenny. Cameron, I met years ago in Balian. A huge shark beached in front of him that year. Jenny from Java owns Kabu guesthouse. 





6 OCTOBER 2018

My back was still sore but seemed to be easing so I ended up having a surf. It was okay but I wasn't quite into it.





I paddled out later in the afternoon on a light cross -shore wind. No one out. Heaps of waves. Tired. :)

Back in to shore for cheese and biscuits with Jacinta.



7 OCTOBER 2018

A restless sleep as so full of pain killers.

My back was still sore and I was feeling a bit groggy.





About mid morning, I had a fun big surf with lots of good waves. There were only a few out.

The rest of the day was reading and lazing around the pool.


8 OCTOBER 2018

An early glassy surf with heaps of head height waves. One crazy Russian in the water being crazy. 


9 OCTOBER 2018

A fun and glassy early surf. A rest then back out for my last surf.  It was a bit bumpy but solid on the sets.

We packed, had lunch then Nyoman arrived to take us to Legian.








No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...