Thursday, September 14, 2017

TOOWOON BAY HIKE - 13 SEPTEMBER 2017


A hot day predicted for the beginning days of Spring.

Still with this virus, I decided on a short hike/meander around Toowoon Bay.



It never ceases to amaze me on how different this place looks every time I visit. The shape of island and changing swells cause the sand to move in a variety of directions. Today, there was a shallow sandbank on the end of the beach towards the island plus a deep channel between the beach and the island.


The sun was twinkling on the water, the swell was small. the weather was warm and it all added up to a pretty and scenic walk.



After the walk I had coffee at the Toowoon Bay surf club.


Later, Kara, Mr Archibald and I had brunch at the Cove Café at Terrigal Haven.

The wind had increased dramatically so we only had a short walk. We amused ourselves watching a pelican trying to land on the top of a lamp post. It took four attempts before it as successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...