Wednesday, September 20, 2017

AVOCA LAGOON KAYAK - 18 SEPTEMBER 2017


I checked the surf but it was random and mono banked.


I decided on a kayak at Avoca Lagoon.

The wind was a little strong but in the sheltered areas there were a number of birds. I watched and admired them for awhile.



A black swan was in the reeds and on a closer but not too close inspection I realised that he/she was nesting. The swan left the nest and stayed close to me trying to encourage me to follow it and so move away from the nest. I obliged took a couple of photos and all were happy.

After the kayak, I sat down at Terrigal Beach in the shelter of the surf club. I then had a wander along the promenade and the beach. Such a pretty day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...