Sunday, June 12, 2011

Indonesia - Bali - Ubud - 17 to 19 april 2011



  Sunday 17 April 2011 – Labuan Bajo and Ubud – sunny

Pradha hotel – 450 000 triple air con. Not best value. Not recommended at all.

I woke up for an early swim in the pool. We then packed, had breakfast and took the car to LB airport. Oddly, we each had to stand on the airport scales to be weigh. Strange! The airport tax was 20 000 R. We were pretty early so we spent a lot of time waiting.



The flight was quick and Nyoman was waiting for us. We drove to Ubud (250 000R) and checked into the Prada Hotel. We had a walk around the town looking in shops and the Ubud markets. The sellers there seem to be uninvolved, persistent or rude. Such is life! Anyway, I bought two pairs of Bali pants which will do me for a few years and Chloe saw a dress she liked. There weren’t many bargains or quality items.

We went back to the room and the aircon wasn’t working so we switched rooms. This took a while, and then we had dinner downtown.

Monday 18 April 2011 – Ubud – sun, cloudy
Happy birthday Peter! Bring out the dancing girls it’s time for a wild one! Anyway…



I went for an early walk skirting the edge of the rice fields and river gorge. I walked the track at the end of Jalan Kajeng and at the cross track turned back towards Ubud. It was a 2 hour easy walk. I met a man who wanted to sell me a coconut, dogs that barked and growled, ducks and a few westerners. The views were very beautifully panoramic and with the sound of rushing water I was in ‘walk heaven’.
Back at the hotel and  I rested while the girls went shopping.



The girls then had a facial, while I continued resting.


Later in the afternoon, Jacinta and I walked to and around the monkey forest. It was very calming with plenty of monkeys. (20 000 entry)



We had a crap dinner but at least there was music.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...