Tuesday, October 31, 2017

SURF CHECK AND MTB ON KINCUMBA MOUNTAIN - 31 OCTOBER 2017

I pulled back the curtain. The trees were swaying backed by clumps of clouds. I checked the web and the forecast was light wind, rain and colder temperature. Still, seeing is sometimes believing.

I checked the surf at North Avoca and Wamberal beaches. It didn't look enticing though the sunrise was nice.



Plan B - I continued onwards to Kincumba Mountain for a mountain bike ride. The mountain isn't high but it is more exposed to the winds. Today it was a little windy and chilly.



I rode the summit track but my wrist was bothering me so I shortened my ride and looped back to the carpark. I fell off my bike a week ago and today I tested the wrist on the bike. Conclusion, it was okay but too distracting.




Next port of call was Terrigal Beach. I sat in front of the surf club protected from the winds and enjoyed the sun, coffee and a good read. Ring, ring ... my daughter was feeling sick so back home and up to the doctor. She seeems better now but she is also fast asleep.

I did some gardening but stopped as the clouds blew off and blue skies reined once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...