Wednesday, November 1, 2017

THE HAVEN - FRIENDS, WALK AND WHALES - 1 NOVEMBER 2017

What to do this today??????



I did my usual surf check - North Avoca Beach and Wamberal Beach. Both these beaches a a few minutes drive from my home. The surf wasn't so good.


The next plan was a walk around the Haven. I didn't want to be too far from home as my youngest daughter Chloe was sick yesterday.

I walked around the Haven - 1.38 km - and thought about an ocean swim. The wind was brisk but unusually chilly so I passed on that one.



I just got into my van when I had a call from Paul, who what to meet up for a walk and coffee. He arrived a few minutes later and we had for me another walk around the Haven with the addition of Gypsy his dog. A fun walk as Paul is always good company.


Back at the start, we ran into John and had a chat and laugh then we had coffee watching the waves just starting to break at the Haven. The waves were a fair size with a lot of push.

Paul noticed a whale just behind the surfers so we walked to a better vantage point and watched the whales drift south. They spouted water and undulated through the waves. Nice!




Back home, and there was a mile long list of things to do there as well as out and about. Busy, busy sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...