Saturday, November 4, 2017

BRISBANE WATER NP PATONGA, PEARL BEACH, NORTH AVOCA - MTB, SURF, OCEAN SWIM - 4 NOVEMBER 2017

3 November 2017

Heaps of spare time today.

First stop, Brisbane Water National Park for a mountain bike ride.



I parked along Patonga Road. Straight away there were heaps of wildflowers. After a photo session with the flora, I started on the ride.



I took a number of tracks and service roads that sort of interconnected. There were large areas of flat tessellated sandstone, narrow tracks, a very rough and soft new track, steep service roads and great views over the ocean or the surrounding bush.


It was about a 10 km ride with no accidents. :)


Afterwards, I drove down the hill to Patonga. I thought about a swim and coffee but in the end decided that Pearl Beach would be better.


I drove to Pearl Beach, order a coffee and banana muffin then sat on the beach and enjoyed the sunshine. I also had a few swims.


Much later, Jacinta and I had dinner at the Grand Pavilion in Terrigal. Excellent Indian food.

4 November 2017

We were planning to do an overnight camp but we woke to rain so that cancelled that idea.

Onto plan B. I let Jacinta sleep in and I had a surf at North Avoca Beach. There were a feww okay waves but my wrist injury was bothering me as I could put a lot of weight on my left hand. I tended to jump on the board a bit wonky and then needed to readjust. Still, it was fun.

Jacinta was awake by the time I got out of the water so we met up for coffee at 'The Cove' cafe at Terrigal Haven. It was arm inside and out of the wind and drizzle.

We decided to do a few domestic chores then head over to Patonga for a hike. Unfortunately, the rain was pouring at that end of the Central Coast so we decided to ditch all plans and head home and relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...