Friday, October 6, 2017

BOUDDI NP MTB - BOX TRACKS - 7 OCTOBER 2017

A pre-sunrise surf check and off for a mountain bike ride.



I parked the van and loaded up the repaired bike for a ride on the Box Head tracks at Bouddi National Park. The last ride I had, at Kooragang, I had two flat tyres.



My first accomplishment on this ride was making it to the top of Hawks Road without stopping. Loving this new bike.


The second merit, was doing the Old Wagstaffe trail and the trail down to the Tallow Beaches with speed and control. Both are steep and rough.


The third, was sighting a small flock of yellow tailed black cockatoo on Tallow Beach and a swamp wallaby in the bush just off Hawks Road.


In addition, other fun parts were the track to Little Tallow Beach - narrow, beach views, steps and rocky cliffs - and having Tallow Beach all to myself. Both these beaches are so pretty being wind swept white sand surrounded by cliffs and rugged and dense bush vegetation.



I surprised myself when at the end of my ride my GPS indicated I had done over 10km. It didn't feel like it.



I drove to Terrigal Haven for a morning cappuccino and watched a wedding on the grassed foreshore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...