Saturday, May 13, 2017

WAMBERAL AND AVOCA BEACH SURF AND AVOCA LAGOON KAYAK - 13 MAY 2017

I have been a bit busy on the home front and have finally have had the time to write:

11/5


A cool morning.
I had a sort of fun surf at Wamberal Beach in the morning. I started off well but I just didn't seem to be in the right place through the middle session of my surf. Luckily, I had a view good waves towards the end of the session until the waves got to full with the high tide.

Afterwards, I sat on the beach in front of Terrigal Surf Club with a cappuccino and enjoyed the sun sparkling across the water.
12/5


A morning 4.54 km kayak on Avoca Lagoon.

The cloud cover gave an inky look to the water and the heavily filtered sun lent a contrasting panorama to the scene. All quit nice.


I paddled around the island then onto the south arm of the lagoon. i haven't paddled this very far as the area is heavily urbanized in parts. But surprising there as a very narrow and overgrown tributary at the far south end that run along the edge of some houses. That was fun to paddle along.


I stopped at the island on the way back and had a bit of a walk. I think I might try and walk the circumference of the island one day.


13/5

A fun and foggy surf at North Avoca Beach in the morning.
Surfing with a few friends in clear and the water is still warm. A nice morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...