Thursday, May 4, 2017

BRISBANE WATER NP - BULLS HILL MTB - 4 MAY 2017

It was drizzling rain when I woke and slowly eased as the morning progressed.


I drove to Brisbane Water National Park for a mountain bike ride.


I did the rough and short ride of Bulls Hill.


The tracks and service roads were heavily eroded and covered with lots of  loose fist sized stones. It made the ride very exciting especially with a bit of speed in the steeper sections.


There were a number of pretty viewpoints along the way looking west over the bush landscape and south and east looking over the ocean, Brisbane Water and some of the Central Coast suburbs.


I rock scrambled up and over a few of them to get better views and to have a bit of fun. My favourite was the overhanging rock ledge which I sat on for awhile admiring the view.


Other pretty points were:

water droplets on the plants


small pools of water on the tracks


bare areas of sandstone

A great 3.07 km ride.

Later, I had a cappuccino at Terrigal Haven in the morning sun and watched the world do its thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...