Sunday, August 9, 2015

CENTRAL COAST KAYAK - AVOCA LAGOON - 29 JULY 2015 - 'TRAIL BLAZING'



Sunrise at the ruins at Terrigal Beach. A mono bank but clean and glassy.



Off to Avoca lagoon for a kayak. The video shows a lot of trail blazing through the reeds and water bounded trees. Such a fun kayak! :)


It was a brilliant morning but so cold. I really need gloves with a grip as my hands were frozen. I had to stop every so often to warm them up.


The reflections in the water amazing especially in the cover of the trees. This area above is dry land when the water level of the lagoon is lower.


I played with the go pro camera on the photo setting. The photos were clear with that slight side bend that comes with the go pro. I also had to crop them to wide angle as I prefer looking at photos in that setting.


There were some birds around. The black swan above slowly paddled away from me as I approached. They are so graceful in the water.


 
The heron was roosting at the top of the tree on the edge of the lagoon. It let me approach very close before it decided I was close enough.
 
A great 2.4km kayak on Avoca Lagoon full to the brim with water on a very cold morning :)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...