Thursday, November 3, 2016

PEARL BEACH - ARBORETUM HIKE, BEACH SWIM, GREEN POINT HIKE - 3 NOVEMBER 2016

Another perfect day.

I checked the surf at Wamberal Beach - too low a tide - and Ocean Beach, which had only poor quality waves.


Up and down a big hill and I was at Pearl Beach - one of my favourite places on the Central Coast.

I had a walk through the Crommelin Native Arboretum. It was very quiet with only silence or the sounds of birds. The walk was very pleasant with spots to stop and sit and take in the scenery.


I saw a few birds and one species I was able to get quite close. Woodland birds are the hardest I find to see and photograph. Usually, they are off at any sound or movement.




Next, I got a coffee and sat on Pearl Beach and relaxed and had a swim.


I still had a bit of time so I went out to the southern point (Green Point) and had a short hike along the rocks and admired the beautiful coastal views.



Nice start to the day. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...