Friday, November 25, 2016

FRAZER BEACH TO WYBUNG HEAD HIKE AND KING PARROTS - 23 NOVEMBER 2016

At Frazer Park in Munmorah SCA.


Now, this is a pretty beach. A small waterway peters out into the sand and rocky rugged cliffs seals in the narrow bay.

I walked along the white fine sand and splashed through the tannin water of the waterway. There was a surf running but the waves weren't very goo quality.


I soon reached the rock platform at the base of the cliffs and followed them around to Wybung Head.


My intention was to snorkel at a small bay just before Wybung Head but the wind was strong whipping up wind sweep waves into the narrow inlet. Not good for snorkeling.


Still, it was a nice walk. Highlights, were a series of boulders lying on a small beach in a maze like pattern and a sinking pebbly beach. It was sinking as on each step one would sink nearly to one's ankles.


There were difficult sections of erratically stacked boulders which had tumbled down from the cliff.


On the return leg, I played around the shallow rockpools.


An okay 3.25 km hike.

Later, at home, we had some king parrots visit.


No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...