Friday, March 27, 2015

CENTRAL COAST MTB - TURKEY, MACMASTERS, LITTLE VALLEY TRACKS - 23 MARCH 2015

Bouddi National Park - great hikes, rides and coastal views.


I parked at the visitors centre at Maitland Bay. A short ride up the road and onto the tracks.

Firstly,  the turkey track which at times skirts along the edge of an escarpment. There were a lot of tracks which basically ran parallel with the road but crisscross at times. I was doing better over the rocky sections than last ride.


Secondly, was the Macmaster Trail, which is basically a service road. It was steep in parts and there were some short diversion tracks along the way.

Thirdly, was the Little Valley Trail, which turned out to be a dead end. It ended in private property 'no trespassing'. The service road was very steep with humps. The humps were to reduce water erosion. A fun ride down and a steep walk back to the top.


I rode around a few smaller trails and headed back to the start.

 
distance - about 9km

elevation range 118 m

A good ride but I don't think I'd bother with the Macmasters trail again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...