Monday, March 30, 2015

CENTRAL COAST MTB - BOUDDI - OLD QUARRY, 3RD POINT, 81 AND 78 TRAILS - 30 march 2015



A cloudy morning and it looked like it could rain.


I parked at the end of Grahame Drive at another entrance to Bouddi National Park. I started along the Old Quarry Trail. It was very steep with heaps of large road humps to prevent erosion. Towards the top, the trail was covered with bark chips. It wasn't exactly a fun start but it would make a good end.


I rode through semi tropical vegetation until the trail joined with the coastal track. This track and the following tracks were sandy. In some spots the sand was deep making cycling a little harder.


I turned left and rode a short distance to Third Point Trail. This trail was long with sandy patches with a background of low height scrub vegetation. It was a fun ride down that ended in a grassy patch and a very narrow trail to the cliff edge. I enjoyed myself playing along the cliff. There were great views down the coast towards Sydney.


Backtracking to the coastal walk, I turned right and peddled till I reached the 81 Trail. This also was reasonable steep with sandy spots. It ended with views north towards Copacabana.

Backtracking again, I came to the next turn of 78 trail. This was the shortest trail with a fun steep bumpy ride to a grassy patch which lead to a very narrow trail through the thick vegetation. The view here was the best, I thought, overlooking Little Beach and views north to Copacabana.

 

I returned to the car via the coastal and old quarry trail. Going down the old quarry trail was heaps of fun.

distance - 7.23 km
elevation range 70 m

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...