Sunday, May 25, 2014

AUSTRALIA - COLONGRA CREEK - KAYAK - 24 may 2014 - 'A MIRROR IMAGE MORNING'




A beautiful, sunny and warm autumn day. I drove to lake Munmorah and launched at Colongra Road. The wind was still and the water reflections were excellent.


 The boat ramp had a small pier beside it which had about 5 species of birds sitting on the far end basking in the morning warmth.


The paddle was tranquil and still with bird calls being the main vocal expression of the morning.


I paddled towards the west and a small but deep tributary that ended abruptly. I think a road was build here cutting his pat of the watercourse from the main creek.


Next, was Colongra Creek which was blocked after a short distance by a floating barrier. The power station was further up the creek.

The next watercourse was narrow and ran in a straight line beside the creek with about a road's width separating them. It was very pleasant with small shoals of fish jumping in unison away from my kayak.

Back out of the creek and to the south was a group of water bounded dead trees. They were a lot of fun to paddle around and between. The birds roosting above were a bit of a problem as they were doing regular droppings. Luckily, none connected with me and they tended to fly to another tree as I approached.


I cut across the lake and back to the pier.

This was a pretty kayak with a lot of birds and bird calls. The waterway scenery was reflected by the still water.

distance - 4.97 km
time - 1:22

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...