Sunday, September 28, 2014


Pre trip info

The following are some points that give an idea to the following blog entries on my trip to Indonesia.

1 the trip was to be roughly for four months in duration.

2 at various stages, I would be joined by my wife and two children.

3 a lot of this trip was to be based on surfing destinations and adventure destinations. Unfortunately, I had torn ligaments in my toe two months ago and couldn’t surf. It still hadn’t healed at the start of this trip. Now, I was travelling with a plan to have adventure destinations until my toe healed. The toe scenario comes up a few times in my future writing.


Central Coast Shuttle Bus - 1300 559 657 - Terrigal to airport - $95 return
Jetstar - Australia to Bali – JQ37 Jetstar - 5:20pm to 9:45pm - 30 kg – 10kg hand
Transfers airport Bali to Legian - Nyoman - 200 000R - 08155775989
Kumala hotel – Jl. Werkudara - 0361 732186, 733448 - email: - - 375 000R– standard room
Indo sim - Simpati – for calls to Australia – 0101961 no zero and add rest of number
Cevan tour and travel – 0361 883 8883 - – Jalan raya seminyak no. 41 – Nanik from Java –

The journey

It was an easy drive in the shuttle bus from home to Sydney international airport. I was there with plenty of time and a quick check in at Jetstar.
The departure cards can now be filled-in just before entering departure gate, which is heaps easier.
Jenny, Agung’s wife was at airport she was on the same plane with a group of people.
I met a mother and son on the plane. She was a sports psychologist and was also writing a motivation book. She had glandular fever once and continued to have symptoms like K.
At Denpasar Airport, the order was - pay VOA – customs check for all visas – luggage pick up – luggage screened – taxi counter just inside exit barrier.
Nyoman was waiting at the airport. His family is well and he is managing a ceremony shop in Tabanan. He drives now only for friends.

I checked-in at the Kumala Hotel and met Kay and Janet. Kay recognised me from TA. It was midnight Indo time and 2am Ozzie by the time I settled into my room 111.
I woke up tired. The aircon was very noisy so I changed rooms to 110. I had an early walk to the beach, then breakfast then up the road for:
Indo sim
Cash money @10 770
Book Domestic flights - Garuda – DENPASAR TO UJUNG PANDANG (MACASSAR) 
Later, I rang and booked a hotel in Makassar – Kenari Towers Hotel – 0411 873 476 – 500 000R
I had a massage by 2 girls but it wasn’t very good – pola spa in Jalan 66
Lunch was at the Muslim warong in Jalan 66 – still tasty.
I caught up with Michael, Sid and Mark – friends from Oz - and had dinner and drinks at sky gardens then a bar crawl and dancing. It was a good night and I was so tired at the end.
I was told that planes were cancelled due to a volcano eruption in Sumbawa.
The next day, I had an early beach walk, swim and then I arranged my gear for Sulawesi.

Later, I had a massaged by four ladies at avocado spa, Jalan Werkudara – a very different experience - 200 000R – it was an okay massage but the talking was non-stop.

Lunch was at Warong Merah in Jalan 66

I forgot extra bag locks so I bought 2 @ 70 000R – no found them! I now have extra, extra locks

I walked along the beach to jln Padma to find Brett and Agung. No luck! On returning, I walked back along beach and stopped for beers and a rest in one of the beachside sits near the Jayakarta Hotel. I met Indo Kay and Julie and their two other friends. Kay has an Australian boyfriend from Gosford. I was a little sceptical but she showed me photos of Terrigal and boyfriend.

Later, I had dinner at some Greek restaurant at Seminyak.

The following morning, I had breakfast and chat with Oz Kay and Janet at the hotel. I put some gear into storage, then organised a car to the domestic airport in Bali – 100 000R – and off I went on a new adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment


A relatively very cold winter in Australia. We had been waiting a long time for our next overseas trip and it always seems so far away but t...