Sunday, September 13, 2020

LENNOX HEAD - 30 AUGUST TO 2 SEPTEMBER 2020

 LENNOX HEAD

30 AUGUST 2020

We drove from Brunswick Heads to Lennox Head for a stay of a few days.

We had a lazy afternoon. Jacinta had a few short walks and I checked the surf.

31 AUGUST 2020

An early kayak on Lake Ainsworth.

It is always so pretty. The highlight was a freshwater turtle basking in the sun amongst the reeds. I was able to observe it very closely.

Later, Jacinta and i had a bike ride on the hinterland tracks. Jacinta wasn’t too pleased as the track was mainly sand and large parts of it were hard pedalling. She was happier when we turned off and returned along the beach with the wind behind us.






In the evening, we were joined by Kerry and Penny for wine and chatting. Kerry told me of his eighties trip from Australia to Europe via Asia in a double-decker bus. It seemed like a lot of fun, adventure and danger. Parts of the world where he travelled through were becoming volatile – Afghanistan and Iran in particular.

1 SEPTEMBER 2020

The first day of Spring. We were greeted by a cooler day with clouds and off and on rain.

Jacinta had lunch with school friend Angela. I hung about the camp organizing little things.

After Jacinta returned, I had a bike ride to the headland and a haircut in town.

2 SEPTEMBER 2020

I checked the surf and then had an early kayak on Lake Ainsworth.

Jacinta was awake when I got back. We had breakfast, loaded up the van, said our goodbyes to Kerry and Penny and headed off to Nightcap National Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...