Sunday, September 13, 2020

BRUNSWICK HEADS - 4 TO 7 SEPTEMBER 2020

 

BRUNSWICK HEADS

4 SEPTEMBER 2020

We drove to Pottsville and Hastings Point. The wind was strong and there was very little protection for it so we decided to head for Brunswick Heads which would be more sheltered.






We spent the afternoon resting, cleaning and eating. It was very windy.

5 SEPTEMBER 2020

A very windy night and music playing lightly till 1:30am.

After breakfast, I had a bike ride to the beach. There were a couple of sheltered spots and the ocean beach was blown out. A dog took offence to me and tried to bite me twice.

About midmorning, I had a kayak into the northern creek. There were heaps of birds there. Some I haven’t seen before. I continued onwards towards the heads and pulled into a river beach for a swim and relax in the sun as it was sheltered from the wind. I paddled back to the camp and passed a few people along the shore - definitely a variety of people. Some friendly and smiling and others, well,  I guess they were having a bad day.




Later, I rode into town to get a few supplies.

6 SEPTEMBER 2020

It rained heavily all morning so we changed our plans to stay in Brunswick Heads another night.

We had an easy day. In the afternoon, we got food and alcohol supplies and checked out a few shops in town.

7 SEPTEMBER 2020

We woke to better weather.

I had a bike ride to the south head to check out the surf.

We packed and set off for the mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...