Friday, May 25, 2018

STRICKLAND SF- CABBAGE TREE AND STRICKLAND FALLS TRACKS MTB - 16 MAY 2018

PARKING

Drive along Strickland Forest Road and park at the Banksia Picnic Area.



I started this ride at the beginning of the Cabbage Tree Track, which is at the south end of the picnic area.




The track was narrow with steep loose sections, small drop offs, tree roots and lots of rocks. The plants grew a little over the track in parts. It looks like it wallops you but it is actually quite soft.



About half of this track was downhill and the other half uphill.

I continued on and reached the Strickland Fall Track.



This track had a reasonable downhill then it was up, down and very rocky until reaching the falls. I wandered around the falls which were more like a drip today.




After the falls, it was necessary to carry the bike up the steps. The track was slightly undulating from here to the carpark.

A good ride but to me it was about half riding and half walking the bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...