Friday, May 25, 2018

AVOCA LAGOON - BIRDS - 17 MAY 2018


I parked next to the lagoon at bottom of Tramway Road, North Avoca.



It's a nice place to park - right beside the water, a flat easy launch space and it's pretty.



I had an easy kayak. Mainly paddling out of the wind and staying in the sunshine at the same time. :)




There were a lot of birds out and about. My first sighting was a group of three cormorants roosting on a arched log resting and drying their wings. Next to them was a spoon bill and an egret. The latter birds were interesting to watch as they rested and foraged.



A great morning to get on the water in a beautiful location with abundant wildlife.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...