Wednesday, March 21, 2018

NORTH AVOCA SUNRISE - KINCUMBA MOUNTAIN MTB - TERRIGAL HAVEN - COLONGRA SWAMP KAYAK - 9 MARCH 2018


8 March 2018

Poor surf conditions but improving. Maybe tomorrow. A pretty sunrise!



Drove to Kincumba Mountain with Kara and Mr Archibald. They sat in the sun while I had a mountain ride on a few tracks.

A big fall on the first easy bend. The wheel twisted right around and squashed and scraped my leg between it and the bike frame. Ouch! I continued on.

After the ride, I had an ocean swim at The Haven and then Chloe joined us and we had lunch at The Cove Cafe.



9 March 2018

A kayak at Colongra Swamp.


A slow paddle around the Lake Munmorah shoreline - a few side trips into small bays and Colongra Creek -  and a wandered amongst the dead trees at Colongra Swamp.





It was very pretty with birds in flight, bird calls from the trees, overhanging branches, dew drops on the reeds and ghost like trees standing limbless in the water.






Late in the afternoon, I had an ocean swim at Terrigal Haven and Jacinta had a walk.




No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...