Tuesday, January 30, 2018

WAMBERAL BEACH SURFS AND PELICAN ISLAND KAYAK - 30 JANUARY 2018


29 January 2018

I checked the surf at Soldiers Beach but was too small.

On the way back home, I stopped at the big house at Wamberal Beach. I chatted with a few friends and decided on a surf. It didn't look too good but it actually got better and better before it became a non event with the lowering tide. A fun surf with Craig.

30 January 2018

I started the day with an early kayak around Pelican Island at Woy Woy.


The rising sun was vibrate and powerful, setting off twinkles across Brisbane Water. Nearing the shores of Pelican Island my first sights were a cormorant drying its wings on the beach and a pair of plovers just standing there looking over the water channel. 



As I paddled around the island, I passed mangroves, small beaches and oyster farms. 




I spotted a number of birds such as pelicans, Australian pied oystercatchers, a sea eagle and an eastern great egret.




The water was very clear in parts and I managed to get a few underwater scenes. I liked the scenes with the small fish curiously wondering about the camera.




A relaxing and fun kayak with the tide in my favour most of the way.

Next, I drove to Wamberal Beach and had a small fun surf with Chris K. We paddled out into waves that steadily improved until the lowering tide turned them into small closeouts. We had some okay waves for about 40 minutes.

After the surf, I drove to Terrigal Haven for a ocean view relax and a cappuccino.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...