Saturday, January 6, 2018

BEACHES AND WETLANDS - BELMONT WETLANDS, HAMS BEACH, PEARL BEACH - 6 JANUARY 2018

4 January 2018

The surf was a bit messy early in the morning.




I headed back to North Avoca beach at about 10am. It looked okay but it was actually heaps better in the water - lots of good waves and only a small crowd. A feel good tired now.

About mid afternoon, the girls and I had coffee down at Terrigal Beach.


5 January 2018

Jacinta and I drove over to Pearl Beach.




We had coffees and breakfast on the beach. I then had a snorkel along the southern point but the visibility as very poor. The further out I went the worse it got until I couldn't see anything at all.


I returned to shore and had a walk out to Green Point along the shore line. There was a short ocean pool and interesting rock formations on the cliffs. The end of the point was a terraced like cliff that was easily climbed. From the top there were great views over the coastline north and south.





Next, we drove around Patonga - beach, pier, the creek and camping area.

6 January 2018

We woke early and drove to the Belmont Wetlands in Newcastle.


The starting track was flat and easy. At the end of the track was a road leading to the beach. We followed that and then walked over the sand dunes to the ocean. This place was 4WD heaven. The beach was rutted with tyre tracks and cars were parked amongst the dunes.




We backtracked and turned off towards Belmont Lagoon. The lagoon looked very shallow and was pretty. Further along there was another turn off which ended in three concrete structures covered in graffiti.




We followed one more track with a pipe line beside us leading to the cycle way.

We cycled back to the van along the cycle way. Jacinta stopped and I backtracked to a couple of off path tracks.




After the ride, we had a swim and a laze in the sun at Hams Beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...