Saturday, January 13, 2018

SURF, SNORKELS, HIKE - 13 JANUARY 2018

11 January 2018

Very small surf today.

A snorkel at Toowoon Bay in the morning. The conditions were excellent - light wind, smooth water, low swell - leading to very clear water.


Highlights:

A lot of fish and a few large ones.

Under one rock crevice was an octopus.

At one section the water was shallow and the sea weed thick and I had to snorkel though it. It was like being brushed all over as I moved.

Clear water.





12 January 2018

Very small surf.

Jacinta and I drove over to Blue Bay. It was a beautiful white sand small crescent shaped beach. The swell was small so we walked along the beach towards the north until we found a good spot to sit.




I went for a snorkel along the northern point. There was reasonable visibility, a lot of seaweed, glimpses of large fish and a few stingrays on the sand bottom. I followed a couple of stingrays for awhile. They are so fluid and graceful in the water.


Back on shore, I had a hike around the rocks while Jacinta continued to bake and read. The small swell allowed me to walk safely along the rocks close to the water. There were lots of mollusks, light seaweed, rock pools and interesting rock formations.







Back to Jacinta and we decided on going to The Entrance for coffee. We picked a nice cafe on a wooden boardwalk and took in the view while we drunk our cappuccinos and cake.



13 January 2018

A surf at North Avoca. Looked okay but only had a few nice ones. Most waves were steep and short.
Down the Haven for a coffee with Jacinta.


About mid day, Jacinta and I drove to Copacabana Beach. A little windy but had a few fun waves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CENTRAL COAST - 4 TO 11 MARCH 2023

 4 MARCH I woke and unloaded and tidied the van. I drove Jacinta to the Hens party for Chloe at Glenworth Valley. Back home and I tidi...